Thursday, July 2, 2009

Mercy Comes with the Morning

As I kicked my feet over the edge, toes playing ripples on the water, I watched the sunset over the water that night, I felt a stirring in me, a letting go of fears, an excitement for what is to come. An urging to continue creating, persevering and demanding excellence in my life and ministry. The moment we begin to settle for anything shy of excellence is when we settle for mediocrity in our lives. I never want to settle for that. It's cheap. It's easy to stand out when you pursue excellence because so many people are okay with mediocrity in their lives. I don't want to be like everyone.

As a good friend (Paul) once said, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." Colossians 3:23

As I looked out over the water that night, I was reminded of my father’s drive and determination for me his daughter. The love in his eyes that I was to selfish to see then, so often I wish my eyes would have been open to what I knew was there. Although the memories, the sound and tone of his voice have faded I can still hear his words so clearly. “Put your heart into everything you do, all you can give is your best. I’m here with you always, I love you.”
Please take some time and check out this song by Brooke Fraser, it has spoke tremendously to my soul this week. (there is music playing at the bottom of this blog that you will need to pause to avoid interuption).

No comments: